Sensible Safeguarding for Visitors and Staff at Streethay Primary
At Streethay the safety of our children and staff is of paramount importance. We all have a duty to keep children safe. When you enter our school, we ask the following:
- Please always make sure you where an ID badge and lanyard obtained from the office.
- Store mobile phones and other devices in the staffroom or office.
- Take and make phone calls in the staffroom, office or offsite. Please do not make calls in the corridors.
- Photographs and/or videos of children or their work should not be taken without formal written consent.
- Report any worries about children, including disclosures to the class teacher who will follow our safeguarding procedures. If they are not available, please ask for the Headtecaher (Stuart Taylor) or the deputy DSL (Charlotte Thornwill or Louise Bonehill).
- Report any concerns about staff conduct to our Headteacher (Stuart Taylor) or one of the Deputy DSLs; Charlotte Thornwill or Louise Bonehill.
- If you are working with a child, please tell the class teacher how long and where you will be located.
- Any small group or 1:1 work should be carried out in an open space, such as in our library.
- If you find our internal doors are locked, please keep them closed.
- Should the fire alarm sound, please follow the illuminated exit signs and meet us on the main playground. If you are not sure where this is, please ask.
- Do not leave the building feeling worried about a child, pass on your concern as above and we can make sure everyone is kept safe.
- Further information about our safeguarding procedures can be found on our safeguarding board in the staffroom.
Covid 19 Update for Visitors
- Visitors are now permitted in school but we urge visitors to be caution when inside our building.
- Please complete personal details for Track and Trace.
- Please wear a mask and remain socially distanced as much as reasonably possible.
Designated Safeguarding Leads at Streethay Primary
The designated safeguarding leads can be contacted via the school office on 01543396180 or via email email@example.com
Stuart Taylor (DSL)
Louise Bonehill (DDSL)
Charlotte Thornwill (DDSL)